Jun 15, 2021
Nancy Rainosek is the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) for the State of Texas. She knows all about ransomware incident response. Her team played a key role in remediation after a coordinated ransomware attack hit 22 state agencies in Texas in a single day.
1. What was that ransomware day like
for Rainosek and her team?
2. Was there a common vulnerability among the attacked agencies?
3. What did Texas learn during the ransomware attack that can help your organization now?
• Trend Micro special report on ransomware: https://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/us/security/news/cybercrime-and-digital-threats/modern-ransomwares-double-extortion-tactics-and-how-to-protect-enterprises-against-them
• Nancy Rainosek on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nancy-rainosek-4144893
• SecureWorld virtual conferences: https://www.secureworldexpo.com/events
The SecureWorld Sessions podcast gives you access to people and ideas that impact your cybersecurity career and help you secure your organization.
Thank you to Trend Micro, a global leader in cloud and XDR security, for being our premier podcast partner.